Constitution Day- (26 November) The Constitution of the Republic of India was prepared on 26 November 1949. Constitution Day was celebrated from 26 November 2015 as the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, Chairman of the Constituent Assembly. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Ji completed the great Constitution of India in 2 years 11 months 18 days and dedicated it to the nation on 26 November 1949. The Constitution was implemented in the Republic of India from 26 January 1950.
‘Constitution Day’ has been celebrated by Ambedkarites and Buddhists since many decades ago. For the first time, on 26th November, “Constitution Day” was celebrated by the Government of India as this great contribution of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar. The day of 26 November was chosen to spread the importance of the Constitution and to spread the thoughts and concepts of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar.
“Constitution Day of India” is celebrated to remember the contribution of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar and to spread the importance of the Constitution. Members of the Constituent Assembly were elected by the elected members of the assemblies of the states of India. Jawaharlal Nehru, Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad etc. were prominent members of this gathering. No typing or printing was used in drafting the constitution. Today on the occasion of Constitution Day, we are going to tell you 5 things related to the Constitution of India.
5 things related to the constitution of India
1. Indian Constitution was prepared on 26 November 1949. The Indian Constitution was prepared in two years, 11 months and 18 days. The Indian Constitution has 448 articles and 12 Schedules and is divided into 25 parts.
2. The document was signed by 284 members of the Constituent Assembly on 24 January 1950, then it was implemented two days later on 26 January 1950.
3. No typing or printing was used in drafting the constitution.
4. On August 29, 1947, the committee drafting the Constitution of India was established and Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar was appointed as its president. Jawaharlal Nehru, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad etc. were prominent members of this gathering.
5. The estimated expenditure on the Constituent Assembly was Rs 1 crore.