India is a land of many undiscovered mysteries. People travelling in the country have always been fascinated by the mystical energy that surrounds the country. Today’s generation is more crazy about thrill and adventure, especially about spooky sides of everything. People these days are engrossed by the supernatural.
There are a number of ghostly places in even in Delhi which came under the spotlight after ‘supernatural detectives’, who wanted to experience the strange spooky events visited these spots. In fact, these people camp in these places overnight to record the strange occurrences so that they can monitor before they come up with any conclusions.
So take a sneak peak into the list of the most haunted places in Delhi which have sprung up on the basis of what these supernatural detectives have deduced or just by word-of-mouth. This might scare you from head to toe so take a look at the haunted places to visit in Delhi.
Top 10 Most Haunted Places to Visit in Delhi
- Delhi Cantonment – The Delhi Cantonment looks beautiful and charming during the day but it looks spooky at night. A number of people have experienced strange incidents at that place. And, the story narrated by most of them is same so the place is believed to be haunted.
- Lothian Cemetery – Lothian Cemetery is a burial ground, which in itself is enough for the place to be believed to be haunted. It is believed that a soldier once committed suicide in that area and since then, people claim to have seen a headless ghost wandering around the place. It is one of the scariest places in Delhi.
- Sanjay Van – Sanjay Van is a large forest area near the Qutabi Institutional Area. The forest is so dense that nobody dares to roam around the place. Those who have been caught in the spooky forest have claimed to have heard strange voices calling out to them. There is a cremation area in the land due to which the place becomes more haunted.
- Agrasen ki Baoli – It is one of the most unique and surprising architecture of the 14th century. At the same time, it is one of the spooky places. People have claimed that they felt like they are being followed. The sound of the steps becomes more louder if one walks faster.
- Firoz Shah Kotla Fort – The fort is believed to be the home of Djinns. In fact, people light candles, intense sticks and other offerings on Thursdays in order to appease the Djinns. May be they are lurking around angrily, which is why, the place is not visited at night or even after sunset. It is one of the top 10 haunted places in Delhi.
- House number W-3 – This house was once occupied by an old couple who were murdered by some criminals. Since then, the house is empty as the neighbours and passers-by have heard some whispering sounds coming from the haunted house in Delhi. It is known as the scary house in Delhi. Some people call it horror house or ghost house in Delhi.
- Khooni Darwaza – People visiting the place and the passers-by have heard blood-curdling screams and cries many a times. It is believed that the reason behind the ghostly presence in this monument is the brutal murder of three princes and hanging of some freedom fighters by Englishmen.
- DDA Flats in Qutub Enclave Phase II – The area can make you shiver from head to toe as the residents of the locality have often caught sight of a pale corpse of a woman hanging upside down from a tree. Sudden winds and change in temperature with an ear splitting laughter of a woman can make you tremble.
- Delhi Ridge Area – Numerous people have seen a ghost of a British gentleman carrying an old-school rifle strolling around in this haunted area in Delhi. Some people have felt that they are being watched.
- The Karkardooma Delhi Court – A number of lawyers at Karkardooma Court Complex have experienced paranormal activities around them. A video of shutting and opening of doors, files being plucked off the drawers, blinking lights and dislocation of chairs went viral.