The Indian festival of Gudi Padwa is being celebrated on 25 March this year. According to the Indian Panchang, the Hindu new year is celebrated on the Shukla Pratipada of Chaitra month.
Gudi Padwa falls on the first day of the Chaitra month in the Hindu Lunar calendar (March) and is mostly observed among Marathis and Konkani Hindus.
The festival, which revolves around the celebration of spring in the agricultural calendar, marks the first harvest of rabi crop. The Konkani community calls this day as Samwatsara.
Maharashtrians celebrate Gudi Padwa with a traditional preparation of Puran Poli. In southern India, this festival is known as Ugadi, whereas, the Sindhi community celebrates the festival as Cheti Chand; where the day is believed as the emergence day of Lord Jhulelaal.
People observe this festival by greeting their friends and family and sending them wishes and messages. And so, here are some wishes on the occasion of Gudi Padwa:
Gudi Padwa 2020 Quotes
Here are some quotes, messages and images to wish your loved ones on the occasion.
- Praying that this New Year brings endless joys and new hopes into your life. Happy Gudi Padwa!
- Happy Gudi Padwa! Hope your new year is filled with colours of happiness and laughter.
- May this Gudi Padwa bring you health, wealth and success, and lead you on to the path of peace and social harmony
- *This Gudi Padwa, may your enemies become friends,
The darkness of negativity fade away from your life,
And you discover a new person within you.
Happy Gudi Padwa!
- On this joyous occasion of Ugadi, it feels good to get in touch with those who are special and remembered very much.
- *May the divine blessings of the goddess be with you on all days. Wish you very Happy Navratri days!
- *May the energy of the universe bless you in all her nine forms Happy Chaitra Navratri!
- *This Gudi Padwa, let the Gods bestow health, luck, happiness, and prosperity for you.
Happy Gudi Padwa!
- *May this New Year herald the advent of prosperity for you and your family. Happy Gudi Padwa!