Here is The Step By Step Procedure Of Changing The Wifi Router Password
- Open your router’s configuration page. You can enter your router’s configuration page through a web browser on a computer. Enter the standard router address into your browser’s address bar. If the router address doesn’t grant access to the configuration page, open the Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + R and then entering command. Once the Command Prompt opens up, type ipconfig and then press Enter. Find your active connection in the list and get your Default Gateway address which is your router address.
- Enter your router’s username and password. Every router needs a username and password before you can access the network. Enter your user name and password to connect with the network. If you’ve ever changed the login and forgot it, you’ll need to press and hold the Reset button on the router for about 30 seconds. This will reset the settings to default, allowing you to log in with the default username and password.
- Open the Wireless section. Once you have logged into your router, find the Wireless section of the configuration page. Find out “Wireless” or “Wireless Settings/Setup” tab.
- Change the password. Search for “Password“, “Passphrase” or “Shared Key“. You can enter your new password into this box. Choose a strong password that would be difficult to guess. It should include numbers, alphabets, and special characters such as “!”, “$” and “#”. A strong password is usually at least 8 characters long.
- Check out your security type. For the most secure network choose WPA2 out of the three types of wireless encryption WEP. WPA and WPA2.
- Change your network name. Choose your network name wisely. It should not include any personally identifiable information.
- Save your settings. Once you have entered your new password, click the Apply or Save button. It will take a few moments to process the change. Make sure you don’t disconnect the router connection from your device. After the settings are changed, your wireless network can be accessed using your new password.