Everyone, regardless of age or gender wants a fairer, even and glowing skin. Most of the people due to lifestyle disorders are suffering from the problem of dark spots or hyper pigmentation due to the accumulation of melanin.
Hyper pigmentation is a common skin condition these days. Due to the exposure to the sun, dark patches are formed usually on the face and hands or other exposed areas. When excess of melanin gets assembled at certain areas, dark spots or patches are formed. The melanin in the skin absorbs the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays so as to protect the skin from overexposure resulting in the formation of patches.
Acne can also cause hyper pigmentation or discolouration, leaving dark spots after the pimple clears. Although this skin condition is harmless still people are not comfortable with the way they look. It gets their morale down.
But no worries! There are many skin lightening items available that claim to lighten the skin. They contain kojic acid, vitamin C, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, etc. There are a large number of scientifically proven products available for skin lightening but along with this, also there are effective ethnic remedies ready to use.
Tips for Healthy Skin:
For a salubrious skin, one must follow a regular skin care regime. This will not only help you get a healthy looking skin but it will look young, radiating and tight. Care for your skin with this regime:
- Sunscreen protection: Sun exposure can worsen the skin condition. To protect the skin from sun and all havocs like pigmentation, sunburns or even skin cancer, one must wear the sunscreen daily whether you are going under the sun or not.
- Cleanse and moisturise the skin regularly: good skin care routine includes cleansing and moisturising it regularly. You must wash your face twice a day to remove the dirt and oil from the pores. After cleansing, moisturise the skin with a good moisturiser.
- Exfoliate the skin once or twice a week: exfoliation helps in removing the dead cells from the skin. You must exfoliate the skin once or twice a week to keep the dead skin away and get the natural radiance. If you have a sensitive, acne prone skin, use the exfoliant like salicylic acid.
- Drink lots of water: drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day helps rejuvenate the skin itself and thus fading away the dark pigmented layers.
There are a large number of proven skin lightening treatments available. Best skin treatments that can be tried are:
- Skin lightening creams: a variety of skin lightening creams are available in the market that reduce melanin production in the skin. Find some creams that have ingredients like kojic acid, vitamin C, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, etc.
- Retinoid creams: retinoid creams are very effective in akin lightening and fading ways discolouration by speeding up the cell formation.
- Get a chemical peel: chemical peels are also very effective in removing pigmentation and dark spots. A series of chemical peels are recommended so consult a good dermatologist and take the treatment as required.
Natural Home Remedies:
There are many efficacious natural home remedies available for skin lightening and brightening.
- Lemon juice: Lemons have Vitamin C known for its bleaching properties. Squeeze half a lemon and use the juice all over the face or affected area. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash the face with luke warm water.
- Raw potato: Potatoes have slight bleaching properties which are effective in removing the spots. Grate the potato and rub it onto the affected area. Let it sit on the skin for about 15-20 minutes before washing.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is known for its soothing nature that reduces redness and discolouration of the skin. It moisturises the skin and helps it rejuvenate. Break a leaf from aloe vera plant and rub the gel on the face and other pigmented areas. Use it regularly and notice the difference.
Consider these remedies and treatments as per your skin requirement and feel your skin getting young and lighten.