The real-life heroes are soldiers as Capt. Vikram Batra, PVC once said, “Either I will come back after hoisting the tricolour, or I will come back wrapped in it, but I will be back for sure.”
When we had a wonderful day and vacation with friends and family, the Indian army stood up in the worst conditions. Whether they ignore low or high temperatures, they are always brave and awake, just to ensure our safety.
Therefore, in honor of the soldiers of our country, Army Day was celebrated. The Army Day is celebrated on January 15 each year to commemorate the day in 1949 January, when Lieutenant General KM Cariappa replaced General Sir Francis Butcher as Commander-in-Chief of India. This year, the Indian Army will celebrate the 72nd Army Day.
Indian Army Day 2020: Significance
Army Day is celebrated every year at all Army Command headquarters to commemorate the selfless dedication and brotherhood of our country, especially the soldiers who are the greatest model of love for the country.
Indian Army Day 2020: Motto
The motto of the Indian Army is ‘service before self’, whose mission is to ensure national security and national unity, defend the country from external aggression and internal threats, and maintain peace and security within its borders.
Some of the inspirational Indian Army quotes:
- “The enemy are only 50 yards from us. We are heavily outnumbered. We are under devastating fire. I shall not withdraw an inch but will fight to our last man and our last round.” -Major Som Nath Sharma
- “There will be no withdrawal without written orders and these orders shall never be issued.”- Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
- “You have never lived until You have almost died, And for those who choose to fight, Life has a special flavor, The protected will never know.” -Capt R Subramanium
- “We fight to win and win with a knock out,because there are no runners up in war.” -General JJ Singh
- “No Sir, I will not abandon my tank. My gun is still working and I will get these bastards.” -Lt. Arun Kehtarpal
- “If death strikes, before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill death.” -Capt. Manoj Kumar Pandey
- ”Some goals are so worthy, it’s glorious even to fail.” -Capt Manoj Kumar Pande
Army Day 2020 wishes and messages
Indian Army Day always reminds us of all our heroes who stand strong to keep us safe. Happy Indian Army Day!
Let us celebrate Indian Army Day by saluting all the army men for their bravery, dedication and patriotism. Happy Indian Army Day!
Born to fight, trained to kill, prepared to die, but never will. Happy Indian Army Day 2020!
Let us come together to celebrate National Army Day to honour or brave soldiers who are the reason behind our pride, our smiles. Happy Indian Army Day 2020!