EPF which is Employee Provident Fund helps the employees save their hard earned money. The employee and the employer contribute equal share towards savings. EPF can be withdrawn by the employee if he is unemployed, is switching the job or at the time of retirement. Government has made everything so easy for you that you can easily check your EPF balance by giving a missed call or via EPFO office or even the EPFO portal. 75% of the EPF amount can be withdrawn after one month of unemployment and the remaining 25% amount can be withdrawn after two months of unemployment.
Given below is the EPF online withdrawal procedure. Please note that you can only use the online EPF withdrawal facility if you have linked your Aadhaar number with your UAN. If you want to learn to withdraw PF online, read further.
How to Do EPF Withdrawal
Follow the following steps to initiate your EPF withdrawal online:-
Step 1 – Sign in to your UAN (Universal Account Number) member portal with your UAN and Password.
Step 2 – From the top of the menu bar, click on ‘Online Services’ and then select ‘Claim (FORM 31, 19 & 10C)’ from the drop-down list.
Step 3 – The moment you click in the tab, Member Details window will display on the screen. Enter the last 4 digits of your bank account number and click on “Verify”.
Step 4 – As soon as you click ‘Verify’, the certificate of undertaking pops up. Click ‘Yes’ and proceed further.
Step 5 – Next, click on the “Proceed for Online Claim”.
Step 6 – Now select “PF Advance (Form 31)” to withdraw your EPF.
Step 7 – A new form will be opened on your screen from where you have to fill the details in the “Purpose for which advance is required” field, the amount required and the employee’s address.
Step 8 – Tick on the certification conditions and submit your application by clicking on ‘Submit’ tab.
Step 9 – At this step, you might be asked to submit a few scanned documents depending on the purpose for which you have filled the form. Submit the forms now.
Step 10 – Your ex-employer has to approve your request for EPF withdrawal. Only when the employer approves, the money will be withdrawn from your EPF account and deposited in the bank account mentioned by you.
An SMS notification will be sent to your registered mobile number. When your request is processed, the amount mentioned by you will be transferred into your bank account. It usually takes about 15-20 days.
EPF Withdrawal Forms
There are three EPF withdrawal forms available online –
- PF Advance (Form – 31)
- Only PF Withdrawal- Form 19
- Only Pension Withdrawal- Form 10C
EPF Advance – Form 31
You can withdraw a part of your EPF in case of emergency by filling the Form 31. If you are withdrawing because of unemployment, you have to fill Form 31. The purpose for withdrawal request has to be mentioned in the form. There is an allowable limit on which the approval of amount claimed by you depends.
EPF Complete Withdrawal– Form 19
This form is filled to withdraw the entire PF amount, which can be claimed at the time of retirement. You need to fill your personal and employment details and you are good to go.
Pension Withdrawal – Form 10C
If you want to withdraw the pension amount, you must fill the Form – 10C. In case of unemployment, you have to fill Form 31 and Form 10 C. If you want to withdraw both the PF and pension amount, you have to fill the two forms, Form 31 and Form 10C separately.
Note that you can claim your PF online only if –
- You have been allotted a UAN number and it is already activated.
- Your have registered your mobile number with the UAN
- Your bank details have also been registered into the UAN
- Your PAN and Aadhaar number is also linked into the EPFO database
EPF Withdrawal Portal
You can withdraw EPF through the UAN member portal also. You have to first activate your UAN and then login to the portal for online withdrawal. The portal can also be used to transfer funds from an old PF account to a new PF account. eKYC, personal details updates, etc. can also be performed through this portal.
PF Withdrawal or EPF Claim Status
To check the EPF withdrawal status, you have to login to the portal and select the “Track Claim Status” in the “Online Services” tab. The status will be displayed on the screen.
Why withdraw EPF Online?
Requesting EPF withdrawal online has a number of benefits like –
- Easy Withdrawal – Online EPF withdrawal request saves you from visiting the PF office and standing
in longqueues for hours. You can fill the form as per your convenience.
- Reduced Processing Time –
Withrequest, the claimed amount will be processed and credited online into yourbank account within 15-20 days of the application. It can take longer whenrequested offline. You don’thave to visit your previous employer – When you claim offline, you have to visit yourex-employer to get your documents attested but in case of online claims, verification is done automatically.